Friday, May 22, 2015

Found My Marbles!

Hey Polish Fans!

I've been super stressed lately, and as many of you might agree, I find painting my nails gives me a moment to relax and just do something I enjoy. That feeling has inspired this next design! So after spending all week losing my marbles, this design helped me find them! lol I used a technique called "water marbling" that can be a bit tricky if you don't follow a few simple tricks that I've outlined in the photo tutorial below. I hope you give it a try. Don't give up if it doesn't work just right the first time! I promise you'll get the hang of it! I've included the polish colors after the jump, in case you'd like to achieve the same look as in the photos.


For this look I used my OPI base coat, FingerPaint's Endless Wear in Hue Knew? (lilac), Essie's Chillato (greenish-yellow), Sunset Sneaks (deep coral), Tying the Knottie (light pink), and Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Disco Ball (this was applied after the water marbling, just to add some girly shimmer!), topped by my favorite fast-drying top coat, Seche Vite. I forgot to mention the fast-drying top coat in the photo tutorial (oops!), but it's always a good idea!

Well, I hope you all have great results with this fun technique! Please visit my website at www.nailsbyneenie.com and e-mail me your recreations! I'd love to feature them on my page!

XOXO,
NeenieChick

No comments:

Post a Comment